Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] patch for sql in class.hooks.inc.php

From: Alex Borges
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] patch for sql in class.hooks.inc.php
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 16:08:22 -0500

On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 04:20, Kai Hofmann wrote:
> Patch 2058 also removes ";" from sql statements in
> phpgwapi/class.hooks.inc.php

Kai... Ill be sending your way a test suite so we can shoot a postgres
versus sapdb performance test...

Anyone up for mysql comparission too?

This is the idea, lets publish some tests saying which database is more
appropiate with which load. For example, i can prove that mysql is
efficient for 100 users and bellow, but pgsql is better over that (how
soon does it show, depends on the number of concurrent users above the
100).

Sadly, i dont have the time to test it on each, only pgsql (the tests
are, thmselves an 8 hour job...loose a weekend), so whomever wants to
test, just write a spec with the test hardware you have like this:

Procesor, memomry, discs and disc system (if an array, state model)
Linux distro, apache version, php version

The tests need a separate box (or more if you want to fiddle with the
load) and consist of simple pearl and elza scripts. I dont have them to
be distributed, but i will later this week.

Ill send more details once i have them.