[Phpgroupware-developers] Search addressbook, new approach

From: Jonathan Rivera
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Search addressbook, new approach
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 14:24:47 -0600

Heya to all,

Ok, after some problems with the search in the addressbook i think i
found a good approach, the problem is that we now have many tables and
the search is not easy and we can have duplicated records.

As you can see, now we have a select option list for search the string in
this fields, for example Person Data, Locations Data, Communications
Data and Other Data. This is a good thing for search, but the query
for communications, locations and other data could return
duplicated data, i only show one record, but now i change too the
nextmatches label when you do a search, so for example:

i have a record with email: address@hidden and website: user.phpgw.org
and then i search phpgw.org in Communications Data, this return one
record but in the nextmatches label now say:

"phpgw.org" was found 2 times in Persons

the same thing with locations and others data.

I think this is more natural and logic.

Please test it and report any bug or commentary.

regards.