Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Sync for phpGW: Milestone 3

From: Guillaume Courtois
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Sync for phpGW: Milestone 3
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 11:07:14 +0000

> >- I'm authenticating as Dave explained me, by saying
> >$GLOBALS['phpgw_info']['flags'] = array('currentapp' => 'login', ... and
> >using
> >session->create when I have the login and password coming from the syncml
> >client
>
> this is not necessary, because $sync->authenticate will do the same.

Well it seems to be necessary as I make an include of header.inc.php, and if I
do so and then call the createobject without being authenticated, phpGW throws
me out !

> >- I'm doing a $ipcManager =& CreateObject('phpgwapi.ipc_manager'); $sync =&
> >$ipcManager->getIPC('sync');
>
> This is the correct way. You have fully access to all sync IPC classes
> located in class.ipc_sync.inc.php.

Cool.

> >$authresult = $sync->authenticate ($userid,$password,$sourcelocuri);
>
> Correct.
>
> >2 :
> >
> >- I'm using the XML-RPC interface for accessing directly to prob functions
>
> This would be possible, too, but you would only introduce more
> overhead without any advantages. This way is for Sync4j or other Non
> PHP interfaces.

Ok.

> >BTW : I'll never say it enough : I'm too happy with your functions, guys :-)
>
> We like to hear this ;-)

Sure :-)

Today I'm very happy as I succeeded in syncing my phone with my php code. It's
far from debugged and clean code, but it works for a slow sync.

I'm now working with your functions again and have a couple of questions :

1. what is the $source value for getallsyncitems ? It should be "./Contacs" or
"Contacts" or "addressbook" ?

2. what is the mimetype value for getsyncitemfromid ?

Unfortunately I work on sync at work and don't have a full internet access so
I can't check whole phpGW code so I have to ask you for this kind of stuff.

Thanks again for the help.

Bye.