Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] HEAD todos - Survey

From: Sigurd Nes
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] HEAD todos - Survey
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 20:48:25 +0200

1) and 2)
I have been using the current HEAD as a production platform for the
property app for the last 8 months - and I am very happy with it.

3)
I have had a quick look at the new framework - I think it would be a
good idea to port the app 'notes' to the new framework as an example.

4)
It looks promising - but it depends on how much work it would imply to port my app 'property' from HEAD

Sigurd

Dan Kuykendall wrote:

Couple of questions:

1) What timeframe is expected for all of this?

2) Which developers are actually committed to pushing forward on the HEAD code?

3) Which of them has looked at the new framework that jengo and I have been working on?

4) What is the intrest level of the new framework?

Dan

Kai Hofmann wrote:

Hi all,

on the devcon we found the following steps that should be done on the head:

- merging new 0.9.16 features into head
- fix the forced preferences problem
- making all applications/api code using the logging framework instead of
their logging/debugging mechanisms
- fix the database reserved keywords problems (see my other mailings about
this topic)
- use xml for the gui
- update the gui style guide where required
- make everything compatible with the gui style guide
- maybe improve the gui handling for the preferences (hide advanced options
for beginners, and expand them on request)
- read user preferences from the database on login and store them into the
session (usefull for demo-site)
  only for prefs where it is useful, like language setting.

Greetings

   Kai