Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Sync for phpGW: Milestone 3

From: Guillaume Courtois
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Sync for phpGW: Milestone 3
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 13:53:04 +0000

> that's right. You need to be authenticated first. Later with our
> ipc->authenticate function the user is switched to the user which
> wants to synchronize, so that only the record of this user are visible
> to this process.

Ok.

> >Today I'm very happy as I succeeded in syncing my phone with my php code.
> >It's
> >far from debugged and clean code, but it works for a slow sync.
>
> Hey, good news!

Sure !

> >1. what is the $source value for getallsyncitems ? It should be "./Contacs"
> >or
> >"Contacts" or "addressbook" ?
>
> Yes, it is the source uri of the 'channel' to be synchonized. The
> mapping to a valid phpGW module will be done through the table
> phpgw_syncsources

Why is it not done already ? Will it have to be done by each user ? I think it
should be done in phpGW, I mean addressbook, calendar, ... and nothing else ?

> >2. what is the mimetype value for getsyncitemfromid ?
>
> The modules are able to export there there data in misc types. At this
> place you have to use the MIME type which can be fetched from the
> DevInfo record of the device. For calendar this will be something like
> "text/calendar" with version 2.1 or 3.0.

... and text/vcard for addressbook I believe.

I'd like to know if you are actually testing sync with head or .16 branch ? As
head does not seem to have the new contacts app and .16 does not have the sync
module ?

And do you plan on adding some log functions, which could be read by the sync
app HTML interface, or should I do it myself ? Right now I'm writing the
packets in files but that is not clean :)

Bye.