[Phpgroupware-developers] MozNGW - XUL helping Groupwise users

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] MozNGW - XUL helping Groupwise users
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 03:29:16 -0700

This article on Harry Fuecks blog is very interesting.

http://www.sitepoint.com/blog-post-view.php?id=162061

Harry somehow always manages to either find or write some of the very coolest stuff. He is a PHP master and is on a XUL mission as well, so he happened upon this new MozNGW.

What is very cool about this is that they talk to the GroupWise server using XML-RDF over HTTP. So this means with the new RDF stuff I have been working on for the last few days in the NextGen code, we could possibly emulate the GroupWise server, and have this as a quasi-native client.

Im already talking to the RedBack guys about this, and they say they are also in talks with the OpenGroupware guys to do the same thing. If that is the case, then this gives us another opportunity to sync up with OGo.

I will keep you all posted as things develop further. Right now I am waiting on some docs from them to show me some examples of the client <-> server communication, so that I can work on emulating the server.

Dan