Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] proposal-branch; porting

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] proposal-branch; porting
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 22:18:55 -0700

Joseph Engo wrote:

| That is so unreliable.  The SELECT MAX(id) may occur after another
| INSERT or DELETE operation.  As last_insert_id() works fine in the
| phplib db classes, I fail to see the problem.  The 3 dbs which are
| supported in 16 have the support included.

You misunderstood.  I undestand the race condition, which is why I
will do a select on some of the values I just added.  For example,
title, time created, owner, category, etc.  I use a few different
things.  Long term I will create a function to handle it.

As mentioned, there is already a function for this, as there is in ours.

http://phplens.com/lens/adodb/docs-adodb.htm#inserted_id

Dan