Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Messed up CVS

From: jengo
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Messed up CVS
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 03:48:37 -0400 (EDT)

> It is beginning to take form:
> The menu-system is ok (highlighted items to ease navigation in sumodules)
> Listing/sorting/filtering/searching - ok
> Nextmatch ok
> All (?) database calls are converted to ADOB
> The database tables have to be created via sql-file.
>

> Missing:
> 1) Database setup: it would be very nice if someone could provide a
> script to generate setup/tables.xml - either from database or from
> tables_current.inc.php
> 2) From the API I need
>    a) some acl functions
>    b) the browser class (for pdf and ms Excel export)
>    c) vfs
>    d) contacts
>    e) mailing capabilities
>
> I also would need to compute the arrays for the preferences dynamically
> - is that possible for the current layout of $prefs in class.base.php as
> vars ?

This is something that is going to change in the next few days.  We are
going to store the preferences values in XML, then setup will import those
values to a table.  (phpgw_apps_prefs)  api.base.prefs will read the table
and spit out the results to the user.  Watch the wiki for how to migrate
changes to it.  The XML format will be more apparent then the large array
previously used.

These changes were something I decied to do last night.  I started working
on the code for it, but didn't get a chance to finish it, I will finish it
in the next day or so.

> The property is now imported as proposal-branch - the HEAD version is
> currently missing.

I will take a look at it, I will let ya know what I think and if theres
anything you can do to optimize things to work better.  I want to work
with you on the datamine portions.  Its a pain to deal with for right now,
I am re-thinking the system trying to find ways to make it better.  It
basicly allows you to attach records from another application to your
records for your app.  Currently, only notes is able to handle this, tasks
will follow soon.

Don't mind me if this email doesn't make 100% sense, after all, I just
left the bar not to long ago :P