Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] XML RPX in PHPGroupware

From: Markus Kaemmerer
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] XML RPX in PHPGroupware
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 14:56:18 +0200

"Shajee" <address@hidden> wrote:,

>Hi!
>     I am a new member of this group and a Software developer.
>
>   I have developed a client in ASP .Net that talks to a phpgroupware using
>XML RPC. I have to invoke the login call on phpgroupware by passing the
>domain,username,password so as to get session id back from the server. All
>this being done on Windows 2000 Pro & Server.
>
>The problem that arises is that it returns back some XML Response which 's
>not in a correct format and i'm not also being able to view that XML.

We tested XML-RPC with phpGW and .NET already and at least the login
process was no problem. Here is a sample code:

  LoginResult := phpGWClient.Login(TextBoxUsername.Text,
TextBoxPassword.Text) as HashTable;

function TphpGWClient.Login(const username, password: String):
TObject;
var
  Params: XmlRpcStruct;
begin
  try
    Params := XmlRpcStruct.Create;
    Params.Add('username', username);
    Params.Add('password', password);
    Params.Add('domain', 'default');
    Result := Invoke('login', [Params]);
  except
    Result := nil;
  end;
end;

To help you more, please provide more information.

Markus

--
Markus Kämmerer         Team Software Solutions
pro|business AG, EXPO Plaza 1, 30539 Hannover