Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Remote, delegated confirmation, setting of

From: C K Wu
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Remote, delegated confirmation, setting of job-status
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 18:25:59 +0800

Hi, Sigurd,

I am not familiar with property management job flow. However, a small query though. If the sms message or standard email is actioned upon by the system without normal authentication to prove the source of the message or email, would that be a bit dangerous ?

Cheers,
CK

sigurdne wrote:

Situation
My company sends about 6500 orders per year to various vendors through the property module in phpgroupware. My problem is that some of this orders is not carried out - and I want the craftsman to set a status at the job via sms that I can automatically pick up in phpgroupware. One other option is that the vendors send an (prepared) email (it might be a form that generates a mail to ensure unambiguous format/data) that phpgroupware automatically pick up and process (this way I could bypass the firewall without exposing the system).

It looks that http://playsms.sourceforge.net/ could bee a solution to the sms part.

Anyone have experience with this ?
Know of any sort of mailmanager to handle these issues?

Sigurd