[Phpgroupware-developers] Soft API Freeze is now in effect

From: Dave Hall
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Soft API Freeze is now in effect
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 11:08:33 +1000

Hi all,

This is just a heads up to you all about the API feature freeze that is
now in effect in preparation for the 0.9.17.900 release.

The freeze is not hard and fast, it is flexible, but you

Bug fixes are fine, but not to fix "bugs by omission", if it is a new
feature it is a new feature.  Method signatures, db schemas etc should
not change.

Any new features have to be posted on savannah as a patch for review by
the coordinators.  Post a message here and wait for a response.  A bit
of a justification for the addition would probably help get it
approved :)

The follow mods will be able to committed directly to CVS:

* New version of adodb - released on Wednesday
  - see
http://sf.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=42718&release_id=443165

* Better error handling code - I will have this finished in a couple of
days, other release, conference and stability work means I am behind
schedule on it.

* Latest and greatest versions of
  - jscalendar  - http://sf.net/projects/jscalendar
  - fckeditor - http://sf.net/projects/fckeditor
  - yui - http://developer.yahoo.com/yui
  - any other 3rd party libs in the api

This only applies to the API, the rest is open slather.

Please observe the above, it is designed to allow us to get a usable
tech preview out in the next week or so.

Cheers

Dave
--
LLLLL