Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Organising apps in svn

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Organising apps in svn
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 17:06:57 +1000

On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 14:30 +0200, Maât wrote:
> Dave Hall a écrit :
> > But it is for developers, not people who just want to install and use
> > phpgw as is.  developer_tools should be a standalone module, it is not
> > broadly useful.
> setup to generate database structure definitions is no more useful...
> but it's in setup !

huh?

> Atm we need more to attract new developers tnat to gold plate the
> project removing a few files that user will never see if they are there
> or not.

There is no glod plating going on.  developer_tools is for _developers_,
the tarballs are primarily for sysadmins.  Try this example, when you
install a binary deb, it doesn't install all the headers and other stuff
that developers might want, they come in a -dev package.  Same thing
here, phpGW should be targeting sys admins with our tarballs and svn to
devs.

Having developer_tools which depends on etemplates in the core part of
phpgw is sending the wrong messages.

Cheers

Dave