RE: [phpGroupWare-developers] Nested db-objects

From: Sigurd Nes
Subject: RE: [phpGroupWare-developers] Nested db-objects
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 11:17:49 +0200 (MEST)

This might be a repost (was disconnected).

Yes - it went in silently without any testing or warning of consequenses.

We don't use trunk for production - so the consequnce wasn't discovered before
stabilzing current trunk for a new stable - so yes - it's a recent discovery.

> It also should be noted that trunk is for development.  Things change,
> that is what happens with development.

Yep - .18 is five years overdue - that's why I had to use it (due to the
principle of "ready when ready")

> ?I think we can consider delaying the branching by 1 week, until Sunday
> 8 June 2008 at 1200UTC to allow Sigurd to finish the refactoring of his
> code.  No further extension is reasonable.  If we keep on finding
> issues/reasons to delay this then we will never get the release out.

Since we drop the sync - it's no point in any delay.

I recommend you break out .18 from the current trunk in savanna without any
further delay.

The Resight project will provide patches later on by use of the standard patch
manager at savanna.

The patches has to be approved by the Resight project management before they
are posted for evaluation.

phpGgroupWare gets the .18 out as soon as possible - and Resight get some more
time for refactoring.

A win win sollution :)

Regards

Sigurd