Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] IMPORTANT : SVN Structure change (Was Re:

From: Maât
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] IMPORTANT : SVN Structure change (Was Re: Who wants to play?)
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 23:26:08 +0100

Sigurd Nes wrote:
>>> The main difference are
>>> - That db-abstraction is converted to pdo (faster and more secure) -
>>> and that innodb is default for Mysql (to support transactions).
>>> The db-object supports db-cloning - which I really really need - so
>>> please don't remove it.
>> In you personal repository *nobody* except you is supposed to play :
>> you're your own master. If you don't remove it then it will not be
>> removed (not by me whatever).
>>
>> but till the feature is considered fool-proof, suited for stable
>> release, tested against regressions and accepted by all the coordinators
>> team it's merge into base repository  could be delayed
>>
>> please do not consider this as a personal offence... it's just
>> paranoïa :)
>>
> By all means - but the current trunk is really a mess.
> If you don't want to use my version as base for improvements - I will
> recommend to revert to the state of before Dave's mega patch -and take
> it from there.
i personnally *want* to use as much as possible of your improvements but
one mega patch is already too much.

reverting this patch wouldbring more harm than good.

i'm just pleading for a clean way of doing things even if the starting
base is not the best :)

>>> - mcrypted all settings in header.inc.php if set
>> ?
> If mcrypt is installed and set to "true" - the
> db-name/db-user/db-password is encrypted. Making it more secure.
ok thanks

>>> I recommend that we take it further from the current state rather than
>>> trying to merge back single fixes.
>> well i'm not all for this way of doing things. I know previous gigantic
>> merges from resight have been done and accepted but thats (imho) the
>> best way to create problems.
>
> This ones fixes all the problems induced by the previous mega-patch :)
> Also - it is tested - and runs in a production environment.
>
> (phpgwapi/setup/manual/preferences/property/sms)

well that's a good point but that's just one production environment...
we can imagine that  other production environments could be harmed by
the changes

i'm just trying to avoid problems :)

if yours changes solve problems they *need* to be merged into base repos :)

>>> * system trunk:
>>> email might work(if configuration is correct): if it hangs - delete
>>> the menu-hook and restart apache
>> ?
>>
>> Could you explain more this case please ?
>>
>> Just so that i understand why deleting menu-hook  could improve
>> things :)
> It stops the process of trying to connect to the wrongly configured
> pop/imap-server when loading the menu.
> The email app is a weak spot...
ok thanks :)

> Another coming feature (in a few weeks) is general support for jasper
> reports
>
> To make it easy to test - I have uploaded this version to:
> http://www.byggeplass.bergen.no/download/phpggroupware_17524_nov_21.tar.gz
>

> Keep in mind that you need pdo - and I recommend PostgreSQL 8.3 and
> above.
>
> Install all apps and try it:)
>
> Regards
>
> Sigurd