Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Fixing bugs

From: Sigurd Nes
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Fixing bugs
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 21:57:48 +0100

Benoit Hamet wrote:
Hi Sigurd,

Sigurd Nes a écrit :
Hi Caeies

I really think we should test the modules in my personal repository
before starting to fix the old trunk.

especially admin, phpgwapi, setup and preferences has bee subjected to
massive enhancement/improvements compared to the old trunk.
If you have working carefully, this should not be a problem. When I see
fixes in email apps not taking care of coding standards ... I'm more
woried ...

(Please use phpgw::get_var() call instead of $_POST or whatever $_ vars).

I always do - this one was an intermediate fix just to make it work.

$GLOBALS['HTTP_POST_VARS'] and $_POST is equivalent - but $GLOBALS['HTTP_POST_VARS'] is deprecated in php 5.3

Hence: this was a fix (same level as before - but working) - not a feature.

It will save a lot of work if we could consider this as the new base for
improvements.
If I was considering your code base as the new base for improvements, I
will have ask you to directly commit into trunk ... As already said, we
will merge features from personal branches into trunk. If you have fixes
to commit into trunk before adding new features, please point us the
patches to review for fixes and not features ...

What I ask - is that you have a look at it and try it out.

(The member stuff active/nonactive users are all working fine)
?

Your latest commits fixes things that is already taken care of.(20897,20899 )
I ask you again: please have a look at the code in my tree (and test it).

If we disagree on stuff I have done - that's fine we can take it from
there - but it will get us moving a lot faster.
If we have easier way to fix trunk, I agree with you.

What I can't understand is that you even won't try it - it will save months - I promise.

Regards

Sigurd