Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Re: Re: Who wants to play?

From: Maât
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Re: Re: Who wants to play?
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 21:48:56 +0100

Le 17/01/2010 21:25, Lars a écrit :

> Interesting.
>
> Which one is the right one?

The right one is base trunk of course

Sigurd has done a lot of work on his own in his personal repository trunk

this advances need to be tested and merged into trunk cleanly

this mergework can be rather difficult but it would bring huge advances
to the project

> In the beginning I will provide rather small parts like bug fixes, but as
> soon as I intend to provide bigger changes, it would be good to know, which
> of the two trunks is the right base?

answered :)

> Do both provide the same functionality or is the official trunk providing
> more than your code? If official has the same or fewer functionality it might
> be a good idea to ignore official and continue with your code. But I guess
> it's not that easy? ;)

Some of the new features Sigurd added in his repository might cause
deadlocks in other apps for example

so we need to be carfeful merging his changes... mut many of them are
likely to be harmless and need to be merged as quickly as we can

> So, which is the better code for me to work on?
>
> Regards,
>
> Lars.

for bug hunting plase use base trunk as future release will comme from there

but if you have time and energy please test Sigurd work and compare it
to base trunk... isolate some interresting changes and provide them as
patches

please note that Sigurd might have already dealt with some bugs... so
playing with both trunks can also help you save time

I wish you happy coding and bug hunting

Maât