[Phpgroupware-users] Can't delete email

From: Alan Lehman
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Can't delete email
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 21:35:20 -0600

No. the second session opens after the first is closed. No hung processes. I'm running UW imap-2000c-1.6.0. I'll try to set up another IMAP server if I get a few minutes.

I decided to try using POP3 instead, but I get the following errors if that's any clue -

*Warning*: Couldn't open stream {mail1.gbutler.com:143/pop3}INBOX in */home/httpd/html/phpgroupware/email/inc/class.mail_dcom_pop3.inc.php* on line *181*

*Fatal error*: Call to undefined function: server_last_error() in */home/httpd/html/phpgroupware/email/inc/class.mail_msg_base.inc.php* on line *1088*

Now another question - isn't port 143 IMAP? Seems like I saw a thread on that a while back. This generates 'imapd: Missing command before authentication' and 'imapd: Command stream end of file' errors in the syslog of the IMAP/POP server. It looks like phpGW is connecting to the wrong port when configured to us POP3.

Chris Weiss wrote:

are both connections open at the same time?  UWASH doesn't handle more than one
tread accessing the mailboxes at once, I get a locking error when this happens.
Also check to make sure that you don't have a hung imap process on the server.

Alan Lehman (address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>) wrote*:
/
/>/No syslog errors. Two IMAP sessions open and close in quick succession.
/>/
/>/Chris Weiss wrote:
/>>/
/>>/have you checked the syslogs to see if IMAP is throwing an error?
/>>/
/>>/Alan Lehman (address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>) wrote*:
/>>>/
/>>>/Running: .14rc1 on RH7.0, postgresql 7.0.2, apache 1.3.12, UW Imap on a
remote
/>>>/system, mail authentication
/>>>/
/>>>/Checking email messages to delete either singly or with check all and
selecting
/>>>/delete results in no deletions. No error messages are displayed either. The
/screen
/refreshes with the same messages displayed, unechecked.
/>>>/
/>>>/Alan Lehman
/>>>/
/>>>/