Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Installation Woes...

From: Jason Naughton
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Installation Woes...
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 15:48:12 -0400

Tom Nugent Jr writes:
 > Let me admit up front that I just installed phpGroupWare recently
 > myself, so I may not be going along the right lines here.  But here's
 > my thought:
 >
 > Does your PHP test page (ie. one that contains phpinfo(); ) say
 > whether or not you have mcrypt installed?  If not, and if during the
 > phpGroupWare setup process you indicated that it should use mcrypt
 > for storing passwords (I think that's the reason it uses it), then I
 > imagine it would get unhappy at not being able to find it.  I'd
 > suggest checking your php test page, and/or re-doing the groupware
 > setup and unchecking the "use mcrypt" option, and see what happens.

The test.php does not show anything to do with mcrypt.  I've
downloaded both mcrypt,mhash,libmcrypt and installed them.  Yet it
seems I'm going to have to reinstall my php installation as the test
still does not show mcyrpt.

Found the problem... While editing this mail.  I left Include root
empty as it stated above " Include Root (this should be the same as
Server Root unless you know what you are doing)"  Which I assumed
that if I left blank it would take the Server Root...

Server Root:              /usr/local/apache/htdocs/phpgroupware
Include Root:             /usr/local/apache/htdocs/phpgroupware

Okay now I can access setup any time I want.  I'm still working on
setting up mail accounts... or even accessing them.

--
                Cheers
                     Jason

--

| Jason Naughton, B. Eng, M.E. Sc., P.Eng | email: address@hidden |
| Lead Engineer,                          | Office:  (416)-979-5000 x7168 |