[Phpgroupware-users] Setup headache...

From: Homer Parker
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Setup headache...
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 10:22:58 -0500

        I'm using a fresh RedHat 7.2 install with all errata applied.. Here's my
application list:

apache-devel-1.3.22-2
apache-1.3.22-2
php-4.0.6-15
php-pgsql-4.0.6-15
php-imap-4.0.6-15
postgresql-libs-7.1.3-2
postgresql-server-7.1.3-2
postgresql-7.1.3-2
phpgroupware (cvs as of June 9th)

        On to the problem.. Get it installed, database setup... Setup the new
header.inc.php.. Can log in to either configuration or header management
without any problems.. All of my changes remain.. Can setup the demo and
admin accounts fine (verified within the database), but.... I can't login
to PHPGroupWare itself.. Even with the demo accounts... It always replies
back "Bad login or password" in bright red letters :( I have it set for
mail authentication, and to add the user to the sql when authenticated.. I
don't even see it hit the IMAP server.. I can telnet to the IMAP server
just fine from the server useing either localhost or the machine name...
The other part that has me messed in the head, I setup an account that
doesn't exist on the system for the admin account.. So, it doesn't matter
if it's a system account, or one just within PHPGroupWare, I'm not getting
any authentication... I looked through the list archives, and didn't see
anything like this, but I checked all of the other things I found that
were similar.. Any ideas?

---
Homer Parker (The Bogus One)

http://www.homershut.net
telnet://bbs.homershut.net

This e-mail message is 100% Microsoft free!

WARNING: THIS ACCOUNT BELONGS TO A RABID
ANTI-SPAMMER NET-NAZI DOT-COMMUNIST.

   /"\
   \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign
    X      Against HTML Mail