Re: [Phpgroupware-users] CVS Updates

From: LA-Soft
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] CVS Updates
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 11:22:32 -0600 (MDT)

Okay, I wasn't aware that the CVS thing wasn't able to upgrade an existing
installation. I was under the impression that's what it did in order to keep
everyone up to date with the absolute latest code.

The phpSysInfo application wasn't the only thing I was having problems with.
As I said in a previous message, I installed 0.9.14.000 Final and still had
all of the same problems I had with 0.9.14.000 RC4 (fresh install, no files
from RC4 were saved). So I just manually patched all of my files again and I
am back to where I was before.

In the future I'm going to install new releases on my laptop and test things
on that machine so I know that the new releases have the same problems fixed
that I've fixed on my other machine. It is kind of disturbing though, I mean
I posted messages here regarding problems I was having and people replied to
those messages saying they didn't have that problem because it was supposedly
fixed. But when I downloaded 0.9.14.000 Final, those problems were still in
there and the code that I patched to get around those problems was still the
same. So I don't see how it's possible that those people couldn't reproduce
the same problems unless they were doing what I am having to do.