Re: [Phpgroupware-users] FAQ? and admin authentication bugs

From: Patrick Price
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] FAQ? and admin authentication bugs
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:48:55 -0400

Yah.  You're not an idiot and I'm not into pissing matches about who admins what or how many languages we speak / code.  Pointless.

My only point is that it *is* possible to secure web apps from any kind of hack, meatspace or other (Magic TSD by Network Associates, or the ZOPE framework, ) but how to do this in PHP using HTTP states I can offer as yet no clues.   I'm looking into it.  -Patrick

Chris Weiss wrote:
ok this is turning into a 2 person flame session.  I'll be glad to try to explain
my points better and listen to yours in IRC on #phpgroupware on irc.freenode.org
(formerly openprojects).

Chris Weiss (address@hidden) wrote*:
very interesting, but it only works when the two passwords are the same.

Very. Originally I had the two passwords the same  So I changed them to
be different for testing/verifying this problem. Same behavior. The
passwords are being ignored. The authentication mechanism is broken,
period. From two different computers (Sun Blade 100 and Intel
Platform), two different operating systems (Solaris 8 and W2K), and two
different browsers (Communicator 4.76 and IE 5.5 SP2).
I would be interested to see if other people can repeat this.  With my apsswords
different i cannot repeat it.