Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Problems with FTP

From: James Sparenberg
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Problems with FTP
Date: 05 Jan 2003 10:58:37 -0800

On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 01:54, Guillaume Courtois wrote:
> >Tried it with wu-ftpd and pro-ftpd.
>
> I was thinking about this problem again yesterday, and what I said yesterday
> was not exact : I can upload, it works each time. The operation I must repeat
> a lot of time before it works is changing of directory ...
>
> Did you try to trace the ftpd process ?

Yes but so far unsuccessfully... I've now equaled your ability, in that
I can upload successfully, but like you I'm having trouble with the
directory change.  It seems, but I'm not sure that the PHP is making a
call to what it expects to be a stored variable that holds the previous
"page" and this variable isn't being set correctly.  Forgive my lack of
exactness in my description I'm no programmer, just a hack.  I have now
that I've got uploads working been successful in using the browser back
buttons in going Up directory, where before that didn't work.  I've also
found that rename and delete are also somehow tied into it.  But heavy
trouble shooting isn't yet done.  I've turned on logging but either it
isn't working or php doesn't perceive this as an actual error.

James