Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Time display problems in Anglemail and Felami

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Time display problems in Anglemail and Felamimail
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 01:09:24 +0000

what it means, IMO, is that the tz fudging stuff in the API is incomplete and
inconsistant.  It may be that I just don't understand it, I don't see the point
of a
server tz_offest that admins can't specify themselves.  The NTP stuff is an
interesting idea, but it does not work.  Why on earth would I want to set my
server
tz_offset to -6  from the server time when the server time is the local time
already?  I hope someone can explain how this is supposed work.

When I was trying to figure this out, just changing the tz_offset value in the
phpgw_config table didn't seem to have any effect.  not sure why, and couldn't
find
a good reason for it, but saving the setup page with ntp=00-disabled and then
changing the table before doing anything else did work.