Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Inital LDAP Setup questions

From: Marco Gaiarin
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Inital LDAP Setup questions
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 16:18:33 +0100

Mandi! Chris Hirsch
  In chel di` si favelave...

> I'm just starting to setup groupware with Open LDAP. I don't really have
> any prexisting users in either mysql or OpenLDAP so I'm open to changes
> if necessary. I'm trying to figure out the various LDAP defintions in
> the setup and there doesn't seem to be anything in the archives about it.

...but there's a plently of LDAP literature... ;)))

> LDAP host is pretty obvious. In mycase localhost
> LDAP accounts context? I have no clue on this one
> LDAP groups context. I think I found something in the archive that I set
> this to ou=phpgwg,dc=domainname,dc=com. I need to create a users and
> administrators group in this ou correct? What if I already have a users
> group in my employees ou? If I change ou from phpgwg to employees
> phpgroupware picks the last user as a group. Is that correct or am I
> wrong here?

account and group context are, if you want the LDAP data avilable also
for user auth in the system, People and Group respectively, eg, for me:

dn: dc=sv,dc=lnf,dc=it
objectClass: dcObject
objectClass: organization
o: Associazione La Nostra Famiglia San Vito al Tagliamento
dc: sv

dn: cn=admin,dc=sv,dc=lnf,dc=it
objectClass: organizationalRole
objectClass: simpleSecurityObject
cn: admin
userPassword:: pass ;)

dn: ou=People,dc=sv,dc=lnf,dc=it
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: People

dn: ou=Group,dc=sv,dc=lnf,dc=it
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: Group

but this is only a ``standard'', LDAP are very configurable. ;)

> I think I have the rootdn, pwd and encryption type figured out :-)

Tipically you have put somewhere in openldap installation.

> One thing I am curious about is how other people have their LDAP
> strucgture set up for people who authenticate against the LDAP server
> for unix logins and how you use these same accounts for phpGroupware vs
> people who just use phpGroupware and no unix acocunts.

You can start from:

        http://www.padl.com/Contents/Documentation.html

i've some other link, but in Italian. ;)

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin                                 GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

                          Difendiamo PeaceLink!
     Campagna di solidarietà per la tutela legale di una voce scomoda.
                   http://www.peacelink.it/emergenza/