Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Browser recommendations

From: Jean-Pierre Schwickerath
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Browser recommendations
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 01:34:42 +0100

> Brian Johnson (address@hidden) wrote*:
> >
> >Anyone have any light weight browser recommendations for use with
> >phpgw? (both Windows and Linux please)
> >
> >On my windows machine (Cel667 w/ 128M RAM) I've tried IE and Mozilla
> >- both really drag when I open a few windows
> >
> >If possible, I'd like something that is freeware that doesn't have
> >ads (or at least annoying ad popups)

The Question is how much ad can you live with?
I can say Opera is a really fast browser: on linux as on windows. But in
the free version, you'll have to watch ads. They don't popup, they're
just displayed in the upper right side of the toolbar.
If you like the browser, you can buy it and the ads will dissapear.

To stay on the open source side, I'd try phoenix or chimera. They use
the gekko rendering engine that mozilla uses too but they're much
lighter....

Jean-Pierre