Re: [Phpgroupware-users] login impossible on second domain

From: James Sparenberg
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] login impossible on second domain
Date: 09 Jan 2003 17:18:39 -0800

On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 12:28, Jean-Pierre Schwickerath wrote:
> Dear List,
>

> I've been running phpGroupWare 0.9.14.001 quite successfully for some
> time on our webserver without any problems.
> It's a Linux-2.4 box with Apache 1.3.27, php 4.2.3 and mySQL 3.23.52.
> Access is over ssl.
> I now wanted to add a second domain to provide access to a seperate
> group of users.
>
> So I edited headers.inc.php and added a second domain. I called it
> "augenglatt.ch". So far no problems. I added a second database. in
> /setup/ the second domain is recognized and I can login as configure
> everything. I set up the admin user and create the guest accounts. No
> error message, nothing, everything seems all right.
>
> Back on the /login.php script, the two domains "default" and
> "augenglatt.ch" are displayed. Every user of the "default" domain can
> still login without any problems.
> But I cannot login with neither the admin user of the second domain, nor
> any of the guest accounts. I get back to the login.php page with the
> following URL
> /login.php?cd=10&sessionid=&kp3=bf5bf90e91e1ec367105348225ba76ea&domain=
>
> There is no error message, nothing... Just as if I had entered a wrong
> username or password. The only errors I see are in the apache logs (php
> is configured to not output errors on screen):
>
> ---------------------
>
> [Thu Jan  9 21:23:22 2003] [error] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:
> preferences in
> /data/httpd/htdocs/hilotec/ssl/phpgwapi/inc/class.datetime.inc.php on
> line 54[Thu Jan  9 21:23:22 2003] [error] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:
> preferences in
> /data/httpd/htdocs/hilotec/ssl/phpgwapi/inc/class.datetime.inc.php on
> line 54[Thu Jan  9 21:23:23 2003] [error] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:
> user in /data/httpd/htdocs/hilotec/ssl/phpgwapi/inc/functions.inc.php on
> line 612[Thu Jan  9 21:23:23 2003] [error] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:
>  user in
> /data/httpd/htdocs/hilotec/ssl/phpgwapi/inc/class.datetime.inc.php on
> line 54[Thu Jan  9 21:23:23 2003] [error] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:
> user in /data/httpd/htdocs/hilotec/ssl/phpgwapi/inc/functions.inc.php on
> line 612[Thu Jan  9 21:23:23 2003] [error] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:
>  user in
> /data/httpd/htdocs/hilotec/ssl/phpgwapi/inc/class.datetime.inc.php on
> line 54
>
> -----------------
>
> I have no clue what is going wrong.... Moreover because the same errors
> are displayed when I successfully login with a user of the "default"
> domain and there it works.
>
> Does anyone have a hint for me? I tried the latest cvs stable release:
> same behaviour. I tried the dev cvs: setup works but the login.php
> doesn't display anything... I think it's due to ongoing work. I already
> deleted everything, the files, the databases and set up from scratch
> again but I can't make it bahave differently.

> [...]

Is it possible that it's using the same database/files for both
instances, despite the changes you made?  Because in both default user
would be identical (same uname and password).  All the others would be
different.  What happens if you create an identical user in dbase 2 as
you have in dbase 1.  IF this works then at least you know phpgw is
getting confused as to where to go to grab information.

James