Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: Sitemgr in .001

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: Sitemgr in .001
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 09:55:05 +1100

address@hidden wrote:

> Marco Gaiarin <address@hidden> a écrit:
>
> [...]
>
> > 1) how can i add, in a page, a series of news like in:
> >
> >     http://www.phpgroupware.org/welcome/
> >
> > ?!
>
> I never tried news in 0.9.14 sitemgr. By looking through the code I
> have the impression that it only works if you use phpnuke themes,
> but Patrick or those maintaining the phpgroupware website should know
> better than me. If you are just testing sitemgr, you could give the
> new code from HEAD a try, where there is a news module that can be
> added from the content managment interface.

I have done some hacking at sitemgr ... to use centreblocks before they
were supported.  They are now supported, but i have not ported my code
yet.  I am happy to send you the code for this if you like.

> > 2) how can i add a page that is a pure link to some other page,
> like in
> > the right menu of phpgw site?!
>
> this is another undocumented feature of sitemgr I did not know about
> either until some days ago: I think you have to use "link" as the
> subtitle for a page, and then its content behaves as the link
> target. I will try to implement this feature in a more explicit
> way in
> HEAD.

This is really quite simple.  You can have a default page for each
category, using another hack of mine.  You just need a simple block,
which i can send you, which grabs the cats and pages and uses the cat
name as the page link.

You can see these feature running at www.twu.com.au

Cheers

Dave