Re: [Phpgroupware-users] LDAP Followup question about group permissions

From: Chris Hirsch
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] LDAP Followup question about group permissions
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 08:24:04 -0700

Well I'm not necessary saying it should be in LDAP...but it doesn't appear to work at all...for example, if I set up my Default group with only a couple of apps enabled and then create a new user and assign them to the Default group they appear to get ALL the apps that are installed...so if its not in the schema I'll start crusing the DB..just wanted to make sure what the correct thing should be when using LDAP.

Marco Gaiarin wrote:
Mandi! Chris Hirsch
  In chel di` si favelave...

I posted earlier about phpGW not being able to edit existing LDAP
users...I also can't seem to find anything in the schema that determines
 the permissions about apps are avail to which groups. Is this stored
in LDAP or mysql?

If they are not in LDAP, somewhere have to be, clearly they are in the
db.

I think this is correct, why put this stuff, so phpgw specific, in
LDAP?!

--
How do I set a laser printer to stun?