[Phpgroupware-users] Our website (or: Oops!)

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Our website (or: Oops!)
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 15:36:09 -0800

Well I really goofed this one.
In august I had made a the last backup of our websites database. I put it as a .bak file and also on tape. Thats all well and good... but I forgot to make more recent backups.

Today I was preparing for the switch to our new server (which I was pretty excited about the hardware upgrade) and I accidently deleted the main file instead of the .bak file. Doh!!

So at this point the database is just gone. I have no way to recover it.
I figure I will be able to rebuild the site from what I can grab from the august backup and also from memory... but I dont know of all the changes that have been done in all that time.

Well this sucks, but there are a couple good things.

1) We have new hardware for running the site. I got a new single proccessor 1.7Ghz box with 1GB of memory and an 80GB drive.
Hopefully this will allow us to once again host the demos on our site.

2) Might be a good time to switch to the new version of sitemgr that Michael is working on.

3) The site needed some attention anyways.

Oh well.. Im sorry for the hassle folks

Dan