Re: [Phpgroupware-users] smtp auth in email app?

From: Dirk H. Schulz
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] smtp auth in email app?
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 21:53:49 +0000

Hi Chris,

thanks for your help.

There is two things I would like to resist on: first is that relying on IP is
quite
insecure. That can be spoofed, that is why I would like to have smtp auth.

The other thing is that anglemail seems to try tls when auth-ing for imap
(there are
maillog-entries looking like that). That means at least it can use STARTTLS,
right?

But then, why should tls be implemented and smtp auth not?

So I would like to know - if possible - who the maintainer of the email app is
and
if I can ask him/her for that.

Dirk