Re: [Phpgroupware-users] users & groups

From: Marco Gaiarin
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] users & groups
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 17:29:22 +0200

Mandi! jef peeraer
  In chel di` si favelave...

> i installed the latest version, which is 0.9.14.6. My user and group accounts
> are located in an ldap database. I can see all my users in phpgroupware,
> that's ok. I can't see the primary group a user belongs too when i edit a
> user. This is already defined in ldap, but doesn't show up in the selection
> list. i have to manually select it for each user. is this normal behaviour or
> is it a bug ?

AFAI've experimented with phpgw and LDAP, there's some inconsistencies
that i hope will be solved in the next 0.9.16 release.

One is that phpgw use the same numberspace for user and group, so if
you have a user with UID=1001 and a group with GID=1001 expect some
strange things to happen...

The other are that phpgw seems does not use at all the ``membership''
of user in group of LDAP, so you have to define the membership in LDAP
(via the memberUid field, for me) and redefine it in phpgw via the
administration application, they are saved on acl tables.

I've started using phpgw and ldap, so i've build my user and group with
this limitation, but, like you, i'll hope these issue will be solved in
the upcoming release. ;)

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin                                 GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

         Proteggiamo l'innovazione in Europa: no ai brevetti software
                           http://swpat.xsec.it/