RE: [Phpgroupware-users] VFS and M$ issues

From: Don Graver (dgraver)
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-users] VFS and M$ issues
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:55:49 -0000

Apparantely it had nothing to do with the VFS structure (which is good),
instead it was mine and M$ faults.  Originally when I added the ability for
users to attach files to an event, the files would be emailed to all
participants.  Hence, I had to format the data so that it could be read in via
an email.  See code below:

$this->vfs_attachments['data'][$key]=$data;  //This is where my problem was
$data = chunk_split(base64_encode($data));

Mistakenly, or not thinking it would matter, I was rtrim'ing the data and
passing that to the VFS instead of grabbing the data without the rtrim.  I
guess Linux (openoffice) knew how to handle this, but not M$.

On a side note regarding the headers, I had to add in "attachment;" to the
Content-Disposition header to allow IE to open acrobat for pdf files.
Otherwise, I was just getting an image.  Netscape works with or without the

 header("Content-disposition: attachment; filename=".$filename);

P.s.  I just got the update email and it has egroupware listed
as ranked #8 and they seem to get about 600 downloads per day.  Just curious
how many phpgw gets per day.

-- Don Graver