[Phpgroupware-users] Call to phpgw users using DAV to manage their VFS

From: Benoit Hamet
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Call to phpgw users using DAV to manage their VFS
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:31:58 +0200

Heya all,

We made three "important" patches for the vfs_dav system. We hope that
some of you could test them, so we can integrate them as quick as
possible in phpgw (.16 or Head).

Here are the URLs :
https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=3397
https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=3398
https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=3399

The first one correct the creation of the .htaccess under the Home
directories. To Remind you the behavior of this part :
~  When the user goes the first time in filemanager, his home directory
is created. Then if the user want to create directories under this one,
The code should be created .htaccess in it (so this is private to the
user), and this is done only in directory 'just' under the home dir.
to be clear :
/home/userdir <= is not protected with a .htaccess
/home/userdir/onedir : <= contains a .htaccess with a require user directive
/home/userdir/onedir/scndir <= doesn't contains a .htaccess but is
protected due to the upper directory.

If you want to change this behavior (like creating a .htaccess in the
home directory, just ask me, I have a small patch to do this.

The second one solves some "strange" behaviors when you don't use
filemanager (Which was correcting some little things). In fact, The
correction build a right DAV description of the files, allowing people
to know who creates them / modify when it is done using the VFS layer
(and not only filemanager).
IMPORTANT NOTE : If you use the WebDAV repository from both phpgw and
another client (like webfolders under Windows) be aware that the windows
client will not create this informations. So it is important to create
home dirs using phpgw, so acl can be correctly deducted.

These two patches are pretty well tested on our system, and we are
pretty confident in them. Be carefull if you apply them on an older
installation, because it could break some little things ... do some test
before :)

The third one is more a small improvment of performance in the dav layer
and solve a "bug" in filemanager which (at least in our case) was
wrongly displaying the '/' directory due to ls not doing in the good way
it's job in this case. We are less confident in some parts of this patch
because We guess that this could depend of your Apache configuration. So
be very carefull when applying it.

All feedbacks would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your attention.

I just Hope that there is more than One Dav user :)

Regards,

Caeies.