Re: [Phpgroupware-users] customize default home page

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] customize default home page
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 13:07:50 -0600

are you following the howto? http://docs.phpgroupware.org/html/install/

What error messages?

SCO linux and SuSE 9.x are 2 different things, but it shouldn't
matter.  php 4.2+ is really all that's important.

file ownership is irrelevant, you always have the option in the header
manager to view and copy/paste or download and upload the
header.inc.php.  The howto explains this in detail as well as other
ownership/permission/security issues that you'll need to be aware of.

For the database, there's 2 options:  1) you create the database and
database user and set all needed permissions; 2) specify what you want
in header and then in config give the root login and have phpGroupWare
create the database and user for you.  Again, well explained in the
howto including the commands to create them yourself.

I highly recomend starting over and reading the howto.  It's got some
really good info in it.