Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Install in local via easyphp

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Install in local via easyphp
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:24:46 -0600

On 2/20/07, Franck wrote:

Hello,
I am a new user of this product and I would want to try it in local. I use easyhp who
place all the "Web local" under c:\Program Files\EasyPHP\www\[groupe] where
'group' is the name of the repertory where I put phpGroupWare.

so you'd access it like http://localhost/[groupe]/phpgroupware/ ?  the
main install howto basicaly covers this.
http://docs.phpgroupware.org/html/install/

I have already installed other products as phpBB or myBB without problem, but
here I have problem to understand how I can do with phpgroupware. I have see
teh different docs but it is not easy and I don't see how prepare the
'header.inc.php'.

same way, a full path is a full path, and a URL is a URL.  web server
and OS have no effect, it's all the same.

I have made the database, but now.... I need some help !

if you are using mysql, it's better to let phpgw setup make the
database for you, that way it's sure to get the right permissions.
Just fill in what you want the db to be named in manage header step
and then the install tables step will ask you for root login info.

if you could help me, thanks a lot.
Franck