Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Re: Various issues

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Re: Various issues
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 21:23:37 +1000

On Sat, 2007-07-07 at 04:00 -0700, James Mohr wrote:

> Before I forget...
>
> I think you are cutting your own throats with your licensing policy.
> It is your choice to be listed as an "official" GNU project, but there
> are a lot of developers who want the freedom to choose their own
> licensing. Independent of someone changing headers of other people's
> files, forcing specific licensing on someone makes the licensing
> closed and therefore the whole project is closed. When I write doc or
> make other contributions to a project, I want the freedom to decide
> which licensing to use. If I can't I am not going to contribute. It's
> a pretty simple concept.

I think you are showing your ignorance on this matter.  Anyone who
contributes code to phpGW has always been required to license it under
the L/GPL.  Even if we weren't a GNU package, the same requirements
would apply.

If you wish to write a completely new document, and you do not wish to
use the GNU FDL, there is nothing stopping you doing so and posting it
on your own site.  The same goes for writing a completely new module.

Cheers

Dave