Re: [Pingus-CVS] [Bug #704] Level editing docs not mentioned in the edit

From: Craig Timpany
Subject: Re: [Pingus-CVS] [Bug #704] Level editing docs not mentioned in the editor help screen
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 14:07:28 +1200

On Sun, 23 Jun 2002 04:27, you wrote:
> On Saturday 22 June 2002 02:49, Ingo Ruhnke wrote:
> > isn't an analogue to $EDITOR)? Or should we just search for galeon,
> > mozilla and netscape and see which is there? We would also have to
>
> You forget Konqueror, Nautilus (?) and the tons of new browsers that will
> appear now that Mozilla 1.0 is complete. There's already more then one
> browser using the Gecko engine and I'd expect the number to increase in
> near future. It could get very hard to find the browser on a linux system
> without asking the user for it's location.

Every distro I've seen has the env. variable $BROWSER defined (not sure about
the Debian derived ones though). It's usually set to something crap like
Netscape 4 (/usr/bin/netscape), but it'll get the job done.

Asking the user might not be reliable, there's no reason for them to know how
to invoke their favourite browser via the command line.

Craig Timpany