Re: Woooow! debugging.....

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Woooow! debugging.....
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 11:10:39 +0200

On Wednesday 14 August 2002 00:53, Alberto Curro wrote:
>   Even if math.h is fully portable, I added it as a result from an MSVC
> error. I did not know if was an MSVC error that works in GCC, so I added
> into the #ifdef.

It's quite likely that math.h is included by some other system header in GCC
but not in MSVC. Since every file should include all the headers it
requires, having an additional #include <math.h> isn't bad.

>   I found the file doc/controller.xml, but every time the application try
> to load it, I receive an assert error and the application crashes. I'm not
> now with the windows workstation working, but I will send you the error
> message soon. Debugging the application, the game stops just in the moment
> the file is loaded and is being parsed. Maybe the file I'm using is not
> the correct one?

Maybe the most simple solution is just to take a look into it and to look
what's configured there. I'd suppose that there are some devices configured
which you simply don't have (e.g. joystick) so the game can't find them.
Anyway the new data/controller/default.xml should work for you.

>    Hey? Obsolete? I tried to delete it from the project, and then I
> received a lot of messages from linker about functions and classes from
> that file, so I guess it is still being used in some way...

I have neither the controller.[ch]xx nor the contoller.o in my tree anymore
since the last update and the game works just fine. I propose that you do a
make clean, autogen.sh, configure, make.

Bye David