Re: Pingus: warfare

From: Joel Davis
Subject: Re: Pingus: warfare
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 14:59:15 -0700 (PDT)

--- Ingo Ruhnke <address@hidden> wrote:
> Joel Davis <address@hidden> writes:

> It was planed quite from the beginnng to add a
> 'worms-mode' to Pingus
> once the 'lemmings' one is mostly finished. But that
>
>  * http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/tmp/war-pingu.png

I didn't know that. Very cute!

> Depends on how close you will/want to get to Pingus.
> Do you want to
> share gfx, sprites and levels or just have a game
> with little
> penguins, but be completly independed from Pingus?

I think it will be pretty independant, gfx wise.
But now that you mention it, it does seem like a good
idea to have a level importer or something.

I guess I will wait until it is a little further
along, and see how thematically close it is to pingus
before deciding on a name.

> Have you screenshots, webpage, sourcecode for your
> game? How far is
> it? What language did you use (C, C++)? What Library
> (SDL, ClanLib,
> plain-X11, etc)? Does it run on Win32, Beos, etc.?

It's in c++, with SDL. Linux for now and I intend to
build win32 also. So far you can not do more than just
scroll around a map, and the maps it generates are
pretty bland. The penguins just stand there. I'll try
and put up a web page with some screens or a snapshot
of the code this weekend, hopefully you'll be able to
shoot by then. :)

Thanks for listening.
Joel