POTFILES.in, ClanLib and stuck in Story screen

From: Gervase Lam
Subject: POTFILES.in, ClanLib and stuck in Story screen
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 21:56:28 +0100

As well as removing trap.cxx and trap.hxx from POTFILES.in, I've also
removed trap_data.cxx and trap_data.hxx.  The cvs diff is attached.

After doing that, Pingus compiled.  However, on running the binary, a
message was displayed saying that libclanGUI.so.2 was missing or something
like that.

Did "make install", "make clean" and several ldconfigs.  But Pingus still
complained.

So, I looked at ClanLib's make files.  Tried "make installGUI".  Pingus
still complained.

Then, after the -v option in the install commands in Makefile.gui, I found
that the ClanLib library files were being put into /usr/local/lib, which
ldconfig did not know about.

I added /usr/local/lib to the /etc/ld.so.conf file, ran ldconfig and
Pingus worked.  So, should ClanLib be responsible for adding
/usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf?

Now to Pingus.

I clicked on the Let's Go icon in the main menu, but then couldn't get out
of the subsequent Story screen.  After a bit of struggle, I found that
GUIManager::process_button_event() could find neither the primary or
secondary component (components being clickable things?).

I'll try to find out tomorrow when and how the components are added for
that screen.  They seem to be missing.

Thanks,
Gervase.