Digger's hole lip

From: Gervase Lam
Subject: Digger's hole lip
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 23:15:17 +0100

I'm looking at the Bug List on Savannah, trying to work out which bug to
sort out next.  All except 3 have the same severity level of 5.  The other
3 have a severity level of 8.  It would be helpful if the bugs were given
a severity number (I think 10 severity levels is too many.  But that's
another matter).  This is so that I know which bugs to target first.

I know that you have mentioned that playability bugs should be targeted
first.  However, of the 3 top severity 8 bugs, 2 of them are
non-playability bugs as they involve the editor.

Anyway, of the 3 top bugs, I am having a go at the digger problem of
leaving a lip around the hole were the Pingu has dug first, as it is a
playability problem.

However, I need to know what the solution is to the problem.  There are
two ways I can think of sorting this out:

(1) Make it so that the Pingu leaves a 90 degree corner at the bottom of
the hole.

(2) Make the end of the hole curve outwards at the bottom instead of
inwards, like what it is currently doing.

(2) looks much better but is harder to do.  This is because you only what
the Pingu to do the outward curving bit when the Pingu has almost finished
digging the hole.

Thanks,
Gervase