Re: Pingu stuck and collision code

From: Gervase Lam
Subject: Re: Pingu stuck and collision code
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 00:43:10 +0100

On Thursday 12 September 2002 22:23 pm, I wrote:
> I'm just wondering whether the collision code for all of the Pingu
> Actions should be re-written so that they always run the same bit of
> code.  I suppose in Object Oriented terms, the base Pingu Action class
> needs to have only one collision method that all of the derived Pingu
> Action classes use.  In other words, it should not be overloaded (is
> this the correct term?) by any derived classes.

I was too hasty.  Should have had a look at the code first.

I think the problem comes from the fact that a normal Walker moves +1,+y
pixel, where y is the height to be walked.  However, when in walking mode
as a bridger the Pingu moves +4,+2 and so could by-pass any problems.

I'll probably briefly look into it tonight and should be able further
investigate next week.

Thanks,
Gervase.