Re: Binaries for Windows NT

From: Neil Hotmail
Subject: Re: Binaries for Windows NT
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 16:30:52 +0100

> I have working binaries of the 0.5-pre3 for Windows (tested to work in
Win98,
> 2000 and XP, not sure about Windows NT). The problem, as commented before
in
> the list (not to you) is the binary is too huge (the .exe is now about 6
Mb),
> which you have to sum the size of the data files. I've about 19 Mb in a
.zip
> file, so if you are interested, just tell me and we can find the most
> suitable way to send them to you.

> What you need is to have installed the 8.0/8.1 version of DirectX, as the
> latest release of ClanLib 0.6.x need it in order to compile ClanSound (or,
at
> least, I need the headers from the DirectX 8 SDK to got it compiled! :))

I have got the CVS tree from about 2 days ago compiling under Windows now,
and I have
a binary if anyone wants to try it, it appears to have a bug in that all
areas of the screen
are treated as solid/blocking, so the pingu's can't move anywhere - is this
specific
to windows, i.e. something I changed, or was it a problem with the tree when
I checked
it out?

Because of this I'm not going to give anyone the binary (noone want's a
non-working
program in binary form), but if anyone wants help compiling it under Windows
then just
ask. I made quite a few changes, and if anyone wants I will release copies
of the ClanLib
and Hermes include files and .lib's that I needed to build before building
Pingus, so you
don't need to download from lots of sites and compile/configure/rename them.

Once I find out about the current "niggle" in the program, and get that
fixed, I'll start
posting the patches that were required to compile on windows. A few
namespace differences
of opinion, a few #define/#undef's and a lot of work on the .dsw/.dsp
project files.

Ginge