Re: Binaries for Windows NT

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Binaries for Windows NT
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 18:33:18 +0200

On Saturday 28 September 2002 17:30, Neil Hotmail wrote:
> I have got the CVS tree from about 2 days ago compiling under Windows now,
> and I have
> a binary if anyone wants to try it, it appears to have a bug in that all
> areas of the screen
> are treated as solid/blocking, so the pingu's can't move anywhere - is
> this specific
> to windows, i.e. something I changed, or was it a problem with the tree
> when I checked
> it out?

I can't tell about the tree from two days ago but when I tried right now
Pingus could walk around. If your bug is still there when you update to the
most current version then it's a Windows bug.

> Once I find out about the current "niggle" in the program, and get that
> fixed, I'll start
> posting the patches that were required to compile on windows. A few
> namespace differences
> of opinion, a few #define/#undef's and a lot of work on the .dsw/.dsp
> project files.

I'd be most interested in the changes to the source you had to made to get it
compiling. Would be nice if you'd send them to the list after trying wheter
they are still required with the actual version. If your checkout is two
days old I guess you barely missed the #define for snprintf? If I remember
right I commited this yesterday.

Bye David