Re: New Installation instruction for windows

From: Neil Hotmail
Subject: Re: New Installation instruction for windows
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 16:02:45 +0100

> I have taken half an hour and started working on a new INSTALL.Win32,
which
You can't just download ClanLib and compile it (some of the features that
Pingus requires aren't in the latest .zip'ed version), you also can't just
check out the current one from CVS and use that, some of those packages
don't build under Win32, you need a combination.

If you were to build a zip of all hte .libs and .h's required, then the
install guide could run something like "unzip this file, cvs checkout
pingus, compile, bye"

I don't have a fast connection (1/8th of a modem - slower than anyone else
who actually has a connection), but I can upload a 2Mb .exe to somewhere -
just 2Mb will usually fill a mailbox and end up bouncing, which isn't fun
when it took you an hour and a half to send. For this reason I prefer to FTP
things to somewhere, and have people download them from there.

A Win32 compile guide is definately needed though

Ginge