Re: Demo Recording/Playback implemented

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Demo Recording/Playback implemented
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 11:53:53 +0200

On Thursday 03 October 2002 18:26, Ingo Ruhnke wrote:
> I have now implemented demo recording and playback, seems to work
> mostly, but fast-forward in the playback causes it to get out of sync,

Very nice to be able to do automatic tests finally.

> not sure why, most likly an update() function that uses real-time
> instead of game-time or a draw() function that isn't constant
> (declaring it const wouldn't help here without rewriting parts of the
> sprite class and if mutable works on win32 is another question...).

Rewriting parts of the sprite class shouldn't stop us and I've seen read
about mutable in books that refer to VC++ more then once. Just to get sure
it would suffice if someone with VC++ compiles something like:

class foo {
  mutable int change_me;
  void bar () const { ++change_me; }
}