AW: AW: Beta Testers?

From: Fischer, Björn Christoph
Subject: AW: AW: Beta Testers?
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 15:53:05 +0200

> This probably wants to go somewhere else, I have no idea
> where, but its a
> temporary fix until someone more familiar with the overall
> structure gets
> round to it.
>
> This makes it compile correctly on mine with the most up to
> date CVS tree

Yes, my Pingus compiled successfully at last ("Yipppeeeeeeee"). But life
would be boring without errors, would it?

My next problem is that when I run Pingus.exe there is an error with the
DSound.dll. Exact error text is

<<<Die Ordnungszahl 12 konnte in der Dynamic Link Library "DSOUND.dll" nicht
gefunden werden.>>> (sorry, can't translate it...:-)

Maybe Pingus needs a newer DirectX? On the MS-Webpage I saw that the only
DirectX-Version for NT is the 3.0a. Is it too old or can the error be fixed
somehow?

Greetings

Björn