Re: New static linux binary available

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: New static linux binary available
Date: 08 Oct 2002 23:18:00 +0200

David Philippi <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm too lazy too look in the source - how is recording started?

Recording is always done, you don't need to start it manually. If no
error happens you will get a line like:

[...]
DemoRecorder: Writing demo to:
/home/ingo/.pingus/demos/industrial4-grumbel-20021008-225432.xml
[...]

> BTW by now there are severeal keys - start/stop recording,
> screenshot and some more for sure which aren't configureable by the
> controller. Since Pingus is extremly configurable in respect to the
> most needed keys it's a shame that there are other's which are
> fixed. Adding new buttons/events to the input layer is very easy,
> changing the input code should be manageable. This get's even more
> important if we add more keys, e.g. for switching the small map
> on/off... since different people will want a different layout.

Not sure about this one. Screenshoting, console-toggeling, etc. are
global events, while input-events always are local to a specific
screen. input-events are also specific to a player in multiplayer
mode. So we probally need a way to catch input events globally or
something like this, or a seperate config file for global events. I
havn't thought much about this, but simply adding them to the
controller will not be the 'correct way'.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927