Re: Bashers fall too easily

From: Craig Timpany
Subject: Re: Bashers fall too easily
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 14:37:13 +1300

On Wed, 09 Oct 2002 00:35, you wrote:
> Craig Timpany <address@hidden> writes:
> > Sometimes the irregular ground is a result of player's actions.
>
> Could you give an example in which situation such a thing could
> happen? I currently can't imagine one, since the player can only
> 'dig/explode' multiple pixel holes, not single pixel ones, but maybe I
> missed something.

Suppose you have many bridges on top of one another. There will be a V-shaped
depression where a bridge is begun on top of one that's facing in the
opposite direction.

\
 \ /
 /
/

If the left facing bridge is no longer needed, the player might use up a lot
of bash actions trying to bash through it (they have to start the basher at
precisely the spot where the bridges meet).

It's not a very good example, but in any situation, 1 pixel is small enough
that the player might not be able to see why the basher stopped, so I think
Gervase's patch is a useful one.

Craig Timpany