Re: SmallMap issue(s)

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: SmallMap issue(s)
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 11:53:58 +0200

On Thursday 10 October 2002 02:45, Gervase Lam wrote:
> Anyway, do you "worldobj->draw_smallmap(this)", not
> "world->draw_smallmap(this)"?  I assume that an iterator will have to be
> used to go through all of the objects so that each object's
> draw_smallmap() is called?  If so, would it slow things down as it as to
> go through every object?

If every WorldObj draws itself onto the smallmap this requires that the World
iterates through them and calls a virtual method on each. Yes, this will
take some time but there are other loops which go through every WorldObj
already.
If you find a solution that doesn't have to go through every object you'll
surely speed things up - but how should this be done? You can't get
informations from all objects without touching them in some way.

Bye David